EXAMPLE Video analysis and management platform

Category: Business
Financing
Description

This is not a real project to attract funds.

This is an example for creators of how to present their project.

CLIPr is changing how we interact with video content, making videos more searchable and digestible. “Five years from now CLIPr will be the platform for enterprise video content,” Diego Piacentini, Former SVP Amazon, Apple, Senior Advisor KKR.

Company Highlights

  • Raised $6.2M to date including $4M from strategic investor and client Poly (NYSE: POLY) who invested to help upsell CLIPr into its global ecosystem of more than 7K partners
  • Management projects to reach >$2M ARR by October 2023 to close a larger financing round (see projections in Data Room)
  • Two patents issued with five more pending for methods associated with ingesting, processing, and annotating video
  • Key clients include the leading B2B media engagement platforms serving heavy construction, hospitality, travel, healthcare, wellness, life science, technology and the event platform Grip. Integrations with Zoom, Google Drive and Microsoft Teams
  • Winner of best new startup awards: IBTM TechWatch Award (2020), Event Tech Live (2021) and International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE)(2021)

PROBLEM: Currently, there are many hours of recorded video content to comb through, but users may only  want to find a small portion. The result is that the content has very little utility for most people.

SOLUTION: Our operating premise is that not all minutes of video are created equally, nor is each minute equally relevant.  CLIPr uses machine learning to index every second of a video to make video fully searchable and  we generate an automated table of contents.  If just 5% of that video matters to you, we want you to get to it as efficiently as possible and we provide the tools  to find the other 5% that you didn't know you need to know. If you get a total of 10% utility from your video, this is mission accomplished since it means you didn't have to wade through the other 90%.  

TRACTION: CLIPr is working with businesses and platform such as Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, Salesforce, Google Meet and Zoom by aiming to help them turn the most important parts of meetings into CLIPr'd moments that offer insight, help to make better decisions and even train people faster. For example, CLIPr's first Enterprise renewal GeistM, reported that new engineers can contribute new production code in as little as two weeks instead of two months with CLIPr.  CLIPr's revenue has increased 7.5x YoY to date in 2022 to reach $50K ARR.

PRODUCTS & SERVICES: CLIPr's freemium all-hands program lets all companies index 4 hours a month for free on any video platform Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, Google, etc. Once employees see their own relevant content indexed by CLIPr, the light bulb may go off and they may begin using it in their every day meetings.  CLIPr also serves publishers and event platforms. We like to think of CLIPr's video player as Video 3.0. We look to transform how people will engage with their video to find the moments that matter the most

Fundraising Description

Round type: Voting

Round size: 5 000 000 USDT

Minimum investment: 5 USDT

Target Minimum: 700 000 USDT

All financial information you can find in the attached documents.

 

Founders and Officers

Humphrey Chen

CEO & CO-FOUNDER

A corporatized entrepreneur who has bought, advised, and built start-ups in a wide range of different technology-based industries throughout his career. Prior to CLIPr, Humphrey was also the Head of Key Initiatives for the Amazon Computer Vision area within Amazon Web Services, former Chief Product Officer for VidMob in AdTech, and led the New Technologies area at Verizon Wireless during the launch of 4G LTE networks, and led competitive strategy within Microsoft's Real-Time Communication department. Chen currently serves on the Board of Advisors for Noom (weight loss), DialPad (UC), GrayMeta, and VidMob. He has always had a passion for making new and meaningful things happen.  Chen has an undergraduate degree from MIT and a Harvard MBA.

 

Aaron Sloman

CTO & CO-FOUNDER

Aaron has launched several startups prior to joining CLIPr with successful exits including Nimble Software Systems & speakTECH. 

Most recently Aaron was the architect and CTO for a popular Cloud based Media Supply Chain & Video Collaboration Company using advanced Cloud and AI technologies for video processing.

Aaron served as Chief Strategy Officer at Veebit, a predictive analytics company employing advanced psychometrics in conjunction with big data. Aaron, a former Microsoft alum, worked there during the surge of technological change in the late 90's, marked by fierce competition for browser and platform domination and the evolution of data-driven user experiences. In 2005, Aaron left Microsoft to form speakTECH, a technology consulting firm, acquired by Perficient in 2010. Aaron grew speakTECH into a leading implementation partner for companies including Disney, Dell, MySpace and Microsoft.

 

Cindy Chin

CO-FOUNDER

Time optimization is one of Cindy’s areas of expertise and the reason why CLIPr was born. She is a serial entrepreneur, venture strategist, and cultural ambassador of the arts and sciences. She’s spent the last 11 years as an advisor, investor, and board member to founding startup teams, a subject matter expert in frontier technologies, strategic opportunity scout and partner for VC and LP partners, and a sought-after speaker. She came from the management consulting industry from her tenures at McKinsey and PwC, consulted for Koelnmesse, Cologne’s leading trade fair and convention center, and other industries including pharma, asset management, retail and the non-profit world at the ARCS Foundation. She is also a NASA Datanaut, guest professor at FH Salzburg University of Applied Sciences, and Advisor and Mentor of the AI Data Lab at Howard University. In 2018, she was named as one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s “50 Most Daring Entrepreneurs in 2018.”

 

Overview

CLIPr was born at the onset of the pandemic. We all saw classes, events, and most enterprises shift immediately from in-person meetings to video. CLIPr was created to help customers find what they’re looking for in the vast swaths of recorded video content. We have seen the cultural shift towards recording, archiving, searching and referencing meetings in our discussions with prospects and early customers. As recorded video content continues to increase so does the potential value of CLIPr. Customers have told us that, beyond finding what they're looking for, they want to engage with content, react, clip and share key moments. CLIPr's analytics help companies and content creators understand what content is resonating with their employees and audiences.

Video Moments Detection Engines

Today when videos are recorded zero moments are surfaced. Through CLIPr we initially identify 50% of the relevant moments in the form of our Automated Table of Contents, which include Topics and Sub-topics. CLIPr’s crowd-sourced collaboration tools allow the content owners to identify the types of moments that they value the most. Maybe it’s an “a-ha” moment, or a “buying” moment, or a “nailed it”, or “engineering on-boarding moments”, or “top 10 sales” moment or, “study this moment”, etc. Once patterns are identified and the business value quantified, CLIPr can begin automating the identification of these moments at scale.

Meeting Transcript Services vs. Moments Detection Engines

Services like Rewatch, Otter.ai and Fireflies principally offer audio transcription services. CLIPr includes audio understanding and supplements it with visual understanding for less than it costs for just audio transcription. CLIPr likes to be better, faster and cheaper than anything else available, to allow for calculated decision making in choosing to go with CLIPr. 

This is not a real project to attract funds.

This is an example for creators of how to present their project.

Description

This is not a real project to attract funds.

This is an example for creators of how to present their project.

CLIPr is changing how we interact with video content, making videos more searchable and digestible. “Five years from now CLIPr will be the platform for enterprise video content,” Diego Piacentini, Former SVP Amazon, Apple, Senior Advisor KKR.

Company Highlights

  • Raised $6.2M to date including $4M from strategic investor and client Poly (NYSE: POLY) who invested to help upsell CLIPr into its global ecosystem of more than 7K partners
  • Management projects to reach >$2M ARR by October 2023 to close a larger financing round (see projections in Data Room)
  • Two patents issued with five more pending for methods associated with ingesting, processing, and annotating video
  • Key clients include the leading B2B media engagement platforms serving heavy construction, hospitality, travel, healthcare, wellness, life science, technology and the event platform Grip. Integrations with Zoom, Google Drive and Microsoft Teams
  • Winner of best new startup awards: IBTM TechWatch Award (2020), Event Tech Live (2021) and International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE)(2021)

PROBLEM: Currently, there are many hours of recorded video content to comb through, but users may only  want to find a small portion. The result is that the content has very little utility for most people.

SOLUTION: Our operating premise is that not all minutes of video are created equally, nor is each minute equally relevant.  CLIPr uses machine learning to index every second of a video to make video fully searchable and  we generate an automated table of contents.  If just 5% of that video matters to you, we want you to get to it as efficiently as possible and we provide the tools  to find the other 5% that you didn't know you need to know. If you get a total of 10% utility from your video, this is mission accomplished since it means you didn't have to wade through the other 90%.  

TRACTION: CLIPr is working with businesses and platform such as Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, Salesforce, Google Meet and Zoom by aiming to help them turn the most important parts of meetings into CLIPr'd moments that offer insight, help to make better decisions and even train people faster. For example, CLIPr's first Enterprise renewal GeistM, reported that new engineers can contribute new production code in as little as two weeks instead of two months with CLIPr.  CLIPr's revenue has increased 7.5x YoY to date in 2022 to reach $50K ARR.

PRODUCTS & SERVICES: CLIPr's freemium all-hands program lets all companies index 4 hours a month for free on any video platform Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, Google, etc. Once employees see their own relevant content indexed by CLIPr, the light bulb may go off and they may begin using it in their every day meetings.  CLIPr also serves publishers and event platforms. We like to think of CLIPr's video player as Video 3.0. We look to transform how people will engage with their video to find the moments that matter the most

Fundraising Description

Round type: Voting

Round size: 5 000 000 USDT

Minimum investment: 5 USDT

Target Minimum: 700 000 USDT

All financial information you can find in the attached documents.

 

Founders and Officers

Humphrey Chen

CEO & CO-FOUNDER

A corporatized entrepreneur who has bought, advised, and built start-ups in a wide range of different technology-based industries throughout his career. Prior to CLIPr, Humphrey was also the Head of Key Initiatives for the Amazon Computer Vision area within Amazon Web Services, former Chief Product Officer for VidMob in AdTech, and led the New Technologies area at Verizon Wireless during the launch of 4G LTE networks, and led competitive strategy within Microsoft's Real-Time Communication department. Chen currently serves on the Board of Advisors for Noom (weight loss), DialPad (UC), GrayMeta, and VidMob. He has always had a passion for making new and meaningful things happen.  Chen has an undergraduate degree from MIT and a Harvard MBA.

 

Aaron Sloman

CTO & CO-FOUNDER

Aaron has launched several startups prior to joining CLIPr with successful exits including Nimble Software Systems & speakTECH. 

Most recently Aaron was the architect and CTO for a popular Cloud based Media Supply Chain & Video Collaboration Company using advanced Cloud and AI technologies for video processing.

Aaron served as Chief Strategy Officer at Veebit, a predictive analytics company employing advanced psychometrics in conjunction with big data. Aaron, a former Microsoft alum, worked there during the surge of technological change in the late 90's, marked by fierce competition for browser and platform domination and the evolution of data-driven user experiences. In 2005, Aaron left Microsoft to form speakTECH, a technology consulting firm, acquired by Perficient in 2010. Aaron grew speakTECH into a leading implementation partner for companies including Disney, Dell, MySpace and Microsoft.

 

Cindy Chin

CO-FOUNDER

Time optimization is one of Cindy’s areas of expertise and the reason why CLIPr was born. She is a serial entrepreneur, venture strategist, and cultural ambassador of the arts and sciences. She’s spent the last 11 years as an advisor, investor, and board member to founding startup teams, a subject matter expert in frontier technologies, strategic opportunity scout and partner for VC and LP partners, and a sought-after speaker. She came from the management consulting industry from her tenures at McKinsey and PwC, consulted for Koelnmesse, Cologne’s leading trade fair and convention center, and other industries including pharma, asset management, retail and the non-profit world at the ARCS Foundation. She is also a NASA Datanaut, guest professor at FH Salzburg University of Applied Sciences, and Advisor and Mentor of the AI Data Lab at Howard University. In 2018, she was named as one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s “50 Most Daring Entrepreneurs in 2018.”

 

Overview

CLIPr was born at the onset of the pandemic. We all saw classes, events, and most enterprises shift immediately from in-person meetings to video. CLIPr was created to help customers find what they’re looking for in the vast swaths of recorded video content. We have seen the cultural shift towards recording, archiving, searching and referencing meetings in our discussions with prospects and early customers. As recorded video content continues to increase so does the potential value of CLIPr. Customers have told us that, beyond finding what they're looking for, they want to engage with content, react, clip and share key moments. CLIPr's analytics help companies and content creators understand what content is resonating with their employees and audiences.

Video Moments Detection Engines

Today when videos are recorded zero moments are surfaced. Through CLIPr we initially identify 50% of the relevant moments in the form of our Automated Table of Contents, which include Topics and Sub-topics. CLIPr’s crowd-sourced collaboration tools allow the content owners to identify the types of moments that they value the most. Maybe it’s an “a-ha” moment, or a “buying” moment, or a “nailed it”, or “engineering on-boarding moments”, or “top 10 sales” moment or, “study this moment”, etc. Once patterns are identified and the business value quantified, CLIPr can begin automating the identification of these moments at scale.

Meeting Transcript Services vs. Moments Detection Engines

Services like Rewatch, Otter.ai and Fireflies principally offer audio transcription services. CLIPr includes audio understanding and supplements it with visual understanding for less than it costs for just audio transcription. CLIPr likes to be better, faster and cheaper than anything else available, to allow for calculated decision making in choosing to go with CLIPr. 

This is not a real project to attract funds.

This is an example for creators of how to present their project.

Status: Financing
Round 1
Raised capital 5 000 000
0
Funded
0%
Investors
0
8/22/2022
4/6/2023
Terms: 227 Day
187 days to go
Round 1
Raised capital 1 500 000
0
Funded
0%
Investors
0
8/22/2022
9/22/2022
Terms: 31 Day
0 days to go

Submit your project on our platform